Updated 29 December 2012, 6:42am – See Think & Tinker’s guide to acid copper through-hole plating
That’s it – I’m giving up for the day. Twenty-one hours of searching online for a copper plating service that’ll give me PCB through-hole plating anywhere in Metro Manila yields nothing. And worse.
I’d finally come across the Industrial Technology Development Institute on the Web, hoping to find links to technical resources, online or in real space. Say, a directory, perhaps, of commercial PCB copper plating services in Metro Manila. Ahh, “Chemicals and Energy”, this sounds promising!
But no – this sounds like another place that got smothered by fuzzy “appropriate tech” thinking, “lord help us” thinking wrapped about with a cotton candy vision statement:
- Technical standards documents, i.e. for
- Machine tooling metrology procedures, techniques, services;
- Comparison of copper deposition processes for nonconductive substrates (i.e. FR4, polyimide film); and
- Subtractive metal machining processes. High-speed milling. Design of low spindle power (benchtop) cutting tools.
- A directory of enterprises that employ these technologies in commercial-scale production, or as a service to other SMEs, small- to medium-scale enterprises.
Sigh. I really wish State would 1) put in fewer “God-centric” types and more technically competent people with real ideas into these agencies, and 2) that DOST would put up a catalog of University senior and graduate-level theses relevant to manufacturing.
Then again, this lack is a void needing to be filled; and right there’s another idea for (yet another) “small project” to wrap my head around, methinks. Meanwhile, my own government will serve for my poster child for my own take on why “small government” is a damned good idea: A bigger one that puts up shit like this God-centric vision statement would be a bugger up my ass, wouldn’t it?
I’m going to sleep off my irritation, now. Happy holidays, dear fellow tinkerers, beloved geeks, and nitpickers!
Visit Think & Tinker for a thorough guide to acid copper through-hole plating. It looks like we can do this here – I’ll post updates when I work out the procedure, and locate suppliers here in Metro Manila.